About John’s Fine Food
Our Southern Cuisine Restaurant
John’s Fine Food – best known by our regulars as “John’s” – is a good old fashioned “mom and pop” restaurant. We specialize in authentic home cooking-style southern cuisine at affordable prices. Our staff works extremely hard to serve delicious, perfectly seasoned meals, using the freshest ingredients. Most meal selections are made from scratch. Every recipe is proprietary, time-tested and consistently tasty. Best of all, we offer the best value anywhere for quality and price.
Proprietors John and Mildred Seagraves have served the area at 4161 Jonesboro Road, Forest Park, GA since September 1988. Our cafeteria seats 68, serving hundreds of thousands of happy customers over three decades. John’s offers an international fine dining catering menu and experienced catering services.
John and Mildred Seagraves owned and operated restaurants, catering services, food concessions, convention centers, university, military and government food and beverage contracts in the Boston and Atlanta metro areas for nearly seven decades.
John Seagraves, a Georgia native, served honorably in the U.S. Navy during WWII’s Pacific War, becoming an improbable war hero aboard the U.S.S. North Carolina. For more information, go to www.uncommonherobook.com.
Following the war, he opened his first restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts in 1950. John and Mildred owned J&S Caterers Restaurant and Function Room, where they provided restaurant, catering, private function and concession management in the Boston area.
Returning to his Georgia roots to continue his passion and profession in 1980, John and Mildred owned and operated International Cuisine Incorporated, the concession and catering service for Atlanta City Hall Cafeteria, and the Atlanta Civic Center. Additional restaurants include Southern Vittles in Underground Atlanta and Captain John’s Seafood in East Point.
During 69 years of marriage, John and Mildred Seagraves served countless celebrities, dignitaries, government officials, international events and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Kevin H White, Mayor of Boston
- Senator Edward W Brooke
- US Senator Edward M Kennedy
- Brunswick (ME) Naval Air Station
- Greater Roxbury Development Corporation
- Recording & Statistical – Sperry Rand Corporation
- National Academy of Education, Dupont Circle, Washington, DC
- Roxbury Community College
- WBZ-TV4 (Boston)
- The Boston and Vicinity Club
- Department of the Navy
- City of Atlanta
- – The Mayor’s Conference on Poverty
- – Maynard Jackson
- – Andrew Young
- – Shirley Franklin
- – Marvin Arrington
- Atlanta Civic Center
- The Atlanta Ballet
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. (Atlanta Alumnae Chapter)
- The Dream Jamboree of 1984
- Conference w/Seven U.S. Defense Secretaries (Atlanta Civic Center 1987)
- The Metropolitan Opera- “The Met in Atlanta”
- The Southern Center for International Studies
- Southern Bell
- Gold Kist, Inc.
- E.F. MacDonald Company
- C&S Bank
- John Lewis – Georgia State Representative
- Ross Laboratories, Columbus, OH
- Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts
- Coca Cola
- Kraft Foods
- Ford Motor Company
- Salvation Army (4000 people)
- Southern Bell
- Clayton County Bar Association
- Federal Express
- Delta Airlines
- JB Hunt Trucking Co.
- Ronald Reagan
- Sammy Davis Jr.
- Frank Sinatra
- Bill Cosby
- Teddy Pendergrass
- Don King
- Dr. Rogsburt Phillips
- And Many, Many More…
To All Our Customers… Thank You!